Sometimes, there is simply not the right SW tool on the market and therefore the best solution is to set up a project and embrace custom development. However, not everything needs to be created from scratch. On the contrary – during programming, we utilise standard open technologies and frameworks as much as possible to achieve the result fast and with proven scalable components.
Custom Web Applications
We will help you to determine the best approach and technology for your project. We focus mainly on creating powerful and easy-to-use applications to cover your business demands. For this we use proven web frameworks compatible with major cloud hosting providers and produce high quality applications based on open standards with responsive design.
Custom written JAVA applications
Sometimes it is needed to provide extensive backend functionality that is not a standard part of your regular system. This can be done easily with Java. The biggest benefit of Java is a large variety of available modules and integrations and the ability to execute it nearly on all systems. Java is very helpful as an extension to your desktop or web applications.
Custom scripts in Python, VB-Script, BASH and other languages
Based on your requirements we will prepare various scripts that are able to automate backend or frontend operations. This extends your current application project or performs some of operative tasks automatically. Python is beneficial to pre-process data and prepare them to import into a database or as a tool for easy integration with AI modules. Shell scripts are used to automate server and application deployment. There are many use cases where a simple script such as VB-Script or BASH can do the job and save your effort in maintenance or lower the costs of technical support.
Custom High-Performance modules and applications
In some areas where standard Python or Java cannot provide enough performance, rather C++ or C# may come handy as a programming language . To gain even more performance Assembler extensions are possible. Performance optimization starts always with the data and data structures, underlying infrastructure is also reviewed and finally the application logic is considered. Key is also to split the data processing and do it in the backend from the presentation layer that is shown to the customer or user. Performance and scalability is a key component of enterprise applications and must be an essential part of the entire application design.
- Custom development is offered as a complex service that begins with preliminary analyses of your requirements and needs. During this process we assess the current situation, the roles and key-players(actors) in the application process. We analyse what the application should do, what each user gives as input and what data given input should generate.
- Based on this preliminary evaluation we prepare a proposal that covers the user and roles, process flow, data structures, technologies, security and data protection (GDPR) considerations. And estimate regarding time efforts, costs and prerequisites to start a project.
- If needed, we employ design thinking methods to come to a solution that meets the requirements addresses the biggest needs and keeps the development effort low. The output of design thinking is a mockup and a simple prototype.
- This approach helps the project team to come to fast and focused results that can be later aligned with the management. It also reduces the risks that the final outcome will not meet the expectations.
- Further on, the project in initiated and proceed into the realization. We prefer to use agile project management methods – in our case SCRUM for the benefit of close cooperation between the customer representatives and developers. This helps to come to results fast in all important areas. Project is usually scheduled to several sprints and after every sprint a retrospective is performed to address what went well and where improvement is needed. Benefit of agile project management is that even new requirements or last-minute changes can be taken into consideration.
- After the implementation, proper testing and optimization of the custom application comes next – to meet all the security or performance standards and verify that the application is in a good shape & ready for productive use.
- In the end, deployment is done with close cooperation with the customer. Each application must be monitored, backup is a must and some support and maintenance are needed as well (for instance patching, updates or data consistency checks). This may be also provided directly or partially by us or with cooperation with your internal IT department.